Using Giving Circles to Raise Unrestricted Cash and Identify Major Donors presented by Robin C. Johnston, CMC, MBA
Giving circles. Few other philanthropic vehicles have been able to inspire participation, unleash philanthropy, and focus the power of individual gifts as well as this simple idea. When people come together to share in a common purpose, a certain energy is created. Members feel like more than donors: they feel like they have become part of a movement; they feel like their contribution matters; they feel like they want to continue to participate and see tangible change happen, year after year. Giving circles are a way for individuals to bring the collective power of their giving to bear. Although they come in many variations, all giving circles have a single purpose: to maximize the philanthropic effect of group of people to accomplish a single goal. This session will introduce giving circles, discuss their many types, present the decisions that must be made to establish them, and provide actionable steps to help participants create their very own giving circles.
Attendees Will Learn
1) Characteristics of giving circles: What are they, and how do they differ from other types of organized giving?
2) Why a recurring giving program is the best way to get donors to join and remain part of your giving circle year after year after year.
3) How you can use your giving circle as a screening device to identify potential major donors.
4) The questions that must be answered and decisions to be made to create a giving circle that will last.
5) Practical steps for creating a giving circle to support their own organization, even with limited staff.
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Doors open at 11:30 AM
11:00 Membership Orientation
Jamaican Barbecue Jerk Chicken | topped with Jicama & Mango Slaw | Pineapple & Mango Mousse
Vegetarian & Gluten Free Meal:
Heirloom Tomato Tart | Caramelized Shallots and Fresh Herbs topped with Asparagus Salad | Pineapple & Mango Mousse
PLEASE NOTE: Once a meal choice has been made, it CANNOT be changed the day of at the luncheon. Food service has been extremely delayed at the past few meetings for a number of our guests due to attendees changing their meal or sending their meal back for changes.
Applied for 1 hour CFRE Credit
$25.00 for Members
$40.00 for Guests
Payments may be paid in advance or at the door. Reservations after 12 PM on the Friday before the meeting, and walk-ins, are charged $40 at the door. No shows will be billed.